Rowland High School was named in the U.S. News & World Report as one of the "Best High Schools" in the country/state/county. This is an annual recognition that is based on a number of indicators such as:
- College Readiness (30%) - based on the proportion of 12th grade students that took and earned a qualifying score on AP/IB exams.
- College Curriculum Breadth (10%) - based on the percentage of 12th graders that earned multiple qualifying scores on AP/IB exams over time.
- Math and Reading Proficiency (20%) - State testing outcomes.
- Math and Reading Performance (20%) - State test results compared to the publication's prediction based on demographic characteristics in the state.
- Underserved Student Performance (10%) - assessment of learning outcomes for underserved populations.
- Graduation Rate (10%) - Measurement of the amount of students that graduate as compared to the amount that started in 9th grade.
Congratulations to all students, parents, and staffulty that made this happen!
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/california/districts/rowland-unified-school-district/john-a-rowland-high-3151 Source: U.S. News & World Report