How To Become an Eligible NCAA College Student Athlete
(NCAA Division I and II)
- Meet with your counselor regularly and take college-prep courses that meet NCAA core-course requirements.
- Consult the "Approved Core Course List" for Rowland High available on the NCAA Clearinghouse website.
- Rowland High's school code for NCAA and SAT/ACT registration is 052696.
- Earn passing grades in the core courses that meet NCAA requirements.
- For Division I, an acceptable score depends on your core gpa.
- For Division II, you must receive a minimum score of 820 on the SAT Reasoning or 68 on the ACT.
- SAT: Use only your scores on the Critical Reading and Mathematics sections of the test. Do not use the writing score.
- Student athletes must present an official score on a PSAT, PLAN, SAT, OR ACT in order to receive an official visit from a university.
- Register with the NCAA Clearinghouse after you complete your junior year in high school.
- Upon registering with the NCAA Clearinghouse, student athletes must complete the NCAA Amateurism Certification Questionnaire.
- Complete your senior year and graduate with your class.
- NCAA Hotline: 800-638-3731.
- Student athletes who compete at the NCAA Division III level are usually eligible to compete upon admission to the university.
- Other rules apply for student athletes competing in the NAIA division of college athletics. Contact an NAIA university for more information.