Rowland High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
| Login

Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid
FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid
  • Use the FAFSA to apply for financial aid for all 2-year and 4-year colleges/universities in the United States
  • Submit your FAFSA between October 1-March 2 of your senior year
  • Documents you might need to complete the FAFSA: income tax returns, W-2 forms and other income records, current bank statements, mortgage information, records of benefits from federal & state agencies, and social security numbers for both the student and his/her parents
  • The FAFSA will require you to list at least one college to send your FAFSA information to. Since you probably will not have been accepted to any colleges yet you'll have to list all the colleges you applied to in the fall.
  • The FAFSA only allows a student to list up to 10 colleges to send their FAFSA information to so make sure you list your top 10 choices first. Don't worry if you applied to more than 10 colleges, you'll be able to list more colleges later on.
  • Always list your most expensive California college first.
  • Once you've verified that all the information on your SAR is correct then you can log back into your FAFSA and delete the previous 10 colleges and add 10 more colleges to have your FAFSA information sent to them also.
  • If you were accepted to a college that you listed on your FAFSA then you will soon receive a financial aid award letter. The financial aid award letter will show you which types (grants, loans, scholarships, etc.) of financial aid you are eligible to receive and the amount that you were awarded. You will receive an award letter only from the colleges that you have been accepted to. Some college financial aid offices may ask for additional documentation such as a copy of your parents' federal income tax return or residency verification before they will send you an award letter.
Dream Act
  • Assembly Bill 540 allows students that have been born outside the United States that graduate from high school and completed a minimum of 3 years of high school in California to enroll in college as residents for tuition purposes.
  • The Dream Act will allow students that qualify under AB 540 to apply for state financial aid, campus based aid and scholarships.
  • To apply for state and campus based aid, visit

CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE: The CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE is an additional financial aid application required by certain private colleges/universities. You must submit a FAFSA even if you are completing the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
Cal Grant/GPA Verification Forms: Rowland will AUTOMATICALLY SEND your GPA to the California Student Aid Commission.