District Certification Program
The FCS Certification Program prepares students for living as well as earning a living. Students demonstrate a high level of performance by meeting standards established by RUSD and validated by institutions of higher learning and the business industry community.
Students progress through a planned sequence of courses and career-related experiences that prepare them to successfully achieve board-adopted course outcomes and standards associated with personal and professional development as demonstrated through a culminating activity.
Certificated students assure employers, trade schools, community colleges and universities of the high level of skills, knowledge and personal development as they pursue employment or further training or education.
- Students "major" in a career pathway.
- Students participate in internships relevant to a career pathway.
- Students develop a professional portfolio of vocational and academic achievement.
- Students are introduced to business and post-secondary institutions.
What is the Certification Program?
Students proceed from the ninth grade to the twelfth grade through a sequence of courses and career-related experiences. Students meet career performance standards in one of the specialized paths:
- Child Development & Education
- Food Service & Hospitality
What to Expect?
Throughout the program, students are required to meet performance standards including competency in:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Presentation skills
What Do Students Achieve?
- Academic Instruction
- Guidance & Counseling Support
- Hands-On Experience
- Supervised Work Experience through a 36 hour Internship