This is a rare opportunity for your teen to grow and gain experience for college and beyond. A high school study abroad experience gives students a great topic for their college application essays.
These summer study abroad programs are offered by CIEE, a leader in international education. CIEE has over 70 years of experience in international exchanges, handles all aspects of the program and travel, and offers start-to-finish support – insurance, great attention to safety, and 24/7 support lines.
All programs feature top-notch academics and cultural immersion, combined with exciting activities and travel in over 50 amazing destinations around the world. For 2021 there are three types of programs:
- Language & Culture – Whether your teen is interested in Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese, Italian, or Arabic, language and cultural immersion programs are the best way to build language fluency and cultural competence.
- Service & Leadership – In community projects in the Dominican Republic, Ghana, South Africa, and Mexico, students help to make the world a better place and develop lifelong skills that will serve them as global citizens.
- Global Discovery – Students explore a personal interest in places such as Japan, South Korea, Costa Rica, Australia or China and may even get a head start on a career! Programs include, but are not limited to Environmental Sustainability, Biodiversity & Conservation, Political Activism, Global Entrepreneurship, or Marine Ecology.
Students can apply for a Global Navigator Scholarship to help fund their Summer 2021 program. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2021. Students can learn more by going to CIEE’s website, and can start their applications by clicking “My CIEE” and signing up as a High School Summer Abroad Participant.
A summer spent studying abroad can have a lifelong impact on your student. Now, the Global Navigator Scholarships make this valuable experience accessible, so we encourage you to seize this opportunity and apply! If you are concerned about the spread of Covid-19, learn more about the CIEE Program Assurance Advantage policy.
Want to Learn More About CIEE’s Summer Abroad Programs? CIEE staff host weekly webinars to discuss program components, the application, and safety. Take a look at the virtual presentation schedule to find a date and time that works best for you!
- Tuesdays 4-5pm PST: https://ciee.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4Hk1Ggq3RmS4jo_29QexOg
- Wednesdays 4-5pm PST: https://ciee.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4Hk1Ggq3RmS4jo_29QexOg
- Thursdays 5-6pm PST: https://ciee.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_r2INrnokRxCDFc6jjI0oUw
If you have any questions, please reach out to our CIEE advisor, Emily Gutierrez, at email@example.com or by calling 207.553.5042. Assistant Principal, Kelli Reese, can also be a resource at the school level and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The study abroad and travel opportunity sponsored by CIEE is independent of our district and liability is not assumed by RUSD or RHS.