● Pennies for Patient /Michael Koyfman Penny Drive is in it second week. Drive will end on November 17th. Rowland High School will be participating in a Penny Drive as a part of our Fall service project by raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Pennies for Patients, and the Michael Koyfman Memorial Scholarship. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organizations dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The Michael Koyfman Memorial scholarship was created in Honor of Michael Koyfman, son of Mr. Koyfman and former student of Rowland High School. The Scholarship is awarded to students who show interest and talent in the areas of Math and Sciences.
By participating in the Penny Drive, your Homeroom will be able to earn points towards the Homeroom of the Year competition. Also the top 3 homerooms will receive a prize. 1st prize is a pasta party from Olive Garden; 2nd prize is a pizza party and 3rd prize is breakfast party
The Scoring goes as follows:
- Every 1 penny counts for 1 point
- Silver coins are NEGATIVE points of the value of the coin
- Paper money is worth the value in pennies; for example one dollar bill = 100 points
- Checks are worth the value in pennies: a $25.00 check =2500 points
This service project is one that is close to our hearts here at Rowland. Please help it be as successful as possible.
● The Fall Play is You Still Can’t Take it With You. Show dates and times: November 9 7:00pm and November 11th 2:00 and 7:00pm. Prices is at door $10. Go to Room A-14 at lunch to purchase a ticket.
● City of Hope Blood Drive is Friday November 17th. See Mr. Ludlam or come to the ASB Office to pick up an parent/guardian consent form.
● Rowland Choir will be having their Fall Show on Friday November 10th at 7:00pm in the gym. Tickets are $8 with ASB card and $10 without ASB card at the door.
● November Senior Event is Monday November 6th from 6-8:00 pm in the gym. It is Senior Rec Night with inflatable and games. Wear your senior attire and get in for FREE with your student ID card.
● Attention students in need of CAR hours: You can earn CAR hours right across the street at Killian. You can earn hours after school doing such tasks as cutting, collating, & stapling paper, and sorting books. If you're interested, stop by Killian's front office between 7:30am-4:00pm and ask for Ms. Cindy Young. Or call her at 626-964-6409 x1533. Or email her at email@example.com
● Link Crew Movie Afternoon is Thursday November 9th from 3:15-5:00 in the hideoutReminders
● Bring Your RHS ID with you to school every day. It is needed to show office personnel, check out books, use computers, and more.
● You must have a current RHS parking hander in your car at all times. The hanger is registered to the car not the person. Students may NOT park in the yellow areas which are reserved for STAFF. .
● Yearbook price is $88.00 with an ASB and $93.00 without ASB card .Club News
● Next Senate meeting is Monday November 13th during 6th period. Tell you teachers NOW. Remember you need to go to 6th period FIRST then go to meeting.
● Club Rosters are due to ASB. A hard copy and digital copies are due to Mrs. PhillipsSenior News
● Senior panoramic picture is Wednesday November 15th during lunch in the gym. You MUST wear your senior attire or a PLAIN BLACK shirt (no exceptions). Order envelopes are available in the ASB Office. Order and money are due on the day of the picture.
● Counselors are available on Tuesday and Thursday in E-9 at lunch to assist with college applications.